Mr. Wright is a member of the firm's Property and Litigation sections. He represents clients on a wide variety of matters related to financing, leasing, development, acquisition, and zoning. He has substantial experience representing borrowers (including utilities), lenders, and underwriters on debt or equity financings between $1 million and $5 billion. He has represented over 100 charter schools collectively borrowing over $1.1 billion to acquire, build, or expand their facilities through several financing approaches and is widely recognized as the most experienced charter school attorney in the Intermountain West. Mr. Wright also currently represents over 100 school districts in Utah and Idaho that are suing JUUL for creating the youth vaping epidemic in our public schools.
Mr. Wright was appointed by Utah's governor to serve on the Utah State Charter School Board and the Board of Regents. He was also elected to the Utah State School Board in 2014 and previously served on his local city council. He is recognized by his peers as one of Utah's Legal Elite and a Mountain States Super Lawyer.
Secretary of the Education Section of the Utah Bar
Honors & Awards
Utah Legal Elite: Real Estate, Government
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Real Estate
Appointed to the Utah State Charter School Board by Utah's Governor
Appointed to the Utah State Board of Regents by Utah's Governor
- Substantial experience representing borrowers and lenders in a wide variety of financings for real estate and infrastructure projects.
- Represent commercial landlords and tenants in a wide variety of leasing arrangements.
- Represented over 50 charter schools in Utah, Arizona, California and Idaho on the leasing, purchase and/or financing of their facilities, raising over $367 million through tax exempt debt, USDA financing, New Markets Tax Credit financing, Qualified School Construction Bonds or traditional bank financing.
- Represent borrower, lender or underwriter on debt or equity financings, experience working on transactions between $1 million and $5 billion.
- General Counsel of a start-up company that grew from 15 to 60 employees and raised multiple rounds of financing.
- Substantial experience educating and working with local, state and federal officials on legislation, regulation and loan requests.
News & Events
- Press Release, 07.06.2018
- Press Release, 11.27.2012
- Charterology, Fall 2013
NYU School of Law, JD, 1999
Brigham Young University, BA, Economics & Political Science, 1996
- Utah, 2005
- Washington D.C., 2001 (Inactive)
- New York, 2000 (Inactive)