Mr. Schofield is a member of the firm's Litigation and Healthcare sections. His practice is focused on complex commercial and general civil litigation. He represents and advises clients in all aspects and types of commercial and civil litigation, and his experience includes First Amendment litigation, real estate law, title insurance, title and escrow claims, zoning and land use, construction cases, foreclosures, healthcare, contract, business, insurance coverage and real property litigation.
Mr. Schofield is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer Rising Star for business litigation.
Salt Lake County Bar
President, A. Sherman Christensen Inn of the American Inns of
U.S. District Court, District of Utah
Certified Mediator, 2002
Honors & Awards
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Business Litigation (2010 - 2014)
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Business Litigation (2018)
Utah Legal Elite: Civil Litigation (2010 - 2021)
Best Lawyers: Commercial Litigation (2015 - 2022, 2024)
- Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, worked as an associate with the law firm of Strong & Hanni.
- Experience representing clients in the construction and real estate industry on a variety of claims involving defective design and construction, interpretation of contracts, plans, specifications, bid disputes, entitlements, planning and zoning appeals, and a variety of other commercial matters.
News & Events
- 25 Kirton McConkie Attorneys Recognized in 30th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America08.17.2023
- Press Release, 06.11.2018
- Press Release, 08.16.2017
- Press Release, 08.18.2015
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Press Release, 08.18.2014
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School, JD, 2002
Brigham Young University, BA, Political Science, 1999
- Utah, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2003