Haley Krug is an accomplished business litigator and trial lawyer who focuses her practice on insurance recovery for policyholders. She has successfully litigated insurance coverage disputes under the full range of ﬁrst- and third-party commercial coverages, including general liability, management liability, professional liability, and business property. Ms. Krug also regularly assists municipalities with disputes arising under public entity coverages, and has experience pursuing insurance claims both for and against member-owned risk management and self-insurance pools.
High-stakes wins highlight Ms. Krug’s resume. In her 16 years in practice at ﬁrms in both Seattle and Boise, she has helped secure tens of millions of dollars in insurance proceeds for her clients.
In addition to her insurance recovery work, Ms. Krug routinely litigates real estate and agriculture disputes, and has experience trying personal injury claims on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
Ms. Krug, a former NCAA Division I track and cross-country athlete, enjoys running and hiking in the Boise foothills.
- Idaho State Bar, Litigation Section
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Idaho Women Lawyers
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers: Litigation – Insurance (2024)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Insurance Coverage (2022-2023)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Insurance Coverage (2018-2021)
- Washington Super Lawyers: Rising Star in Insurance Coverage (2012-2017)
- Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, Haley was a partner in boutique litigation firms in Boise and Seattle.
News & Events
- 25 Kirton McConkie Attorneys Recognized in 30th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America08.17.2023
- Insurance Implications of the Covid-19 PandemicIdaho Fourth District Bar Association, 2020
- Idaho Case Law UpdateNorthwest Insurance Law Conference, 2019-2023
- Insurance Coverage for Employment Practices ClaimsIdaho State Bar Employment Law Section, 09.03.2019
- Insurance for Cyber, Social Engineering, and Professional Liability RisksNW Insurance Law Conference, 2018
- Advanced Insurance Bad FaithNBI Inc., 2017
- D&O and E&O InsuranceComprehensive Insurance Law Conference, 2015
- Insurance Coverage for Employment Related ClaimsLabor & Employment Law Conference, 2014
- Finding Insurance Coverage When the Employment Relationship Goes WrongHandling Challenging Employees, 2014
- Pursuing the Ensuing LossInsurance in the Construction Industry, 2012
- Learn to Examine Your Commercial Property PolicyWSBA CLE Annual Construction Law Midyear, 2012
University of Michigan Law School, JD, 2007, cum laude
- Executive Editor, Michigan Law Review
- Membership Coordinator, Michigan Journal of Gender & Law
Columbia University, BA, 2003
- Dean’s List
- Women’s Varsity Cross Country and Track & Field, NCAA Championship Qualiﬁer
- United States Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Washington Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of Idaho
- Idaho Supreme Court