Swen Swenson brings an expansive breadth of knowledge to Kirton McConkie, drawing from a substantial background as legal advisor to national companies and as in-house counsel that oversaw the legal operations of multiple businesses. His expertise encompasses commercial litigation, risk management, corporate compliance, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, capital structuring, general commercial transactions, and labor and employment law. This dual perspective—having served on both sides of corporate and litigation law—affords him an enriched understanding of the multifaceted legal needs of businesses.
In his practice, Swen values the role of technology in delivering effective legal services. Staying at the forefront of legal tech developments, he closely follows the evolution of tools, including AI, and is consistently exploring ways to incorporate these advancements into his practice to enhance efficiency and precision. This practical application of technology, while maintaining a firm grasp on traditional legal principles, sets him apart in today's technologically advanced legal field.
As part of our firm, Swen leverages his litigation and corporate law experience to provide comprehensive legal counsel.
Honors & Awards
Utah Legal Elite: Up and Coming (2017)
- Utah Supreme Court, Legal Intern, 2009
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, Legal Intern, 2008
- Kirton McConkie, Summer Associate, 2007, 2008
- Provide litigation and claims management services for a large, international client
- Significant experience helping clients evaluate litigation and alternative dispute options to quickly and efficiently resolve claims
- Negotiate complex construction contracts with broad protections for large scale construction companies
- Consult with the insurance industry, major corporate clients, policyholders and other attorneys in the insurance, bad faith, and tort litigation arena
- Assist employers in responding to claims of discrimination and ensuring compliance with ever-changing employment laws
- Provide workforce training on how to identify and avoid discrimination in the workplace
- Help employers develop and implement HR policies and practices addressing various workplace issues
- Consult with employers regarding sensitive employment matters, including investigation of reports of sexual harassment, termination of employment, and reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities
News & Events
University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, JD, 2009
- Editor, Utah Law Review
- William H. Leary Scholar Utah 2009
Utah Valley University, Integrated Studies, 2005
- Student Body President
- Utah, 2009