Christy Arnold is a member of the firm’s Litigation section. She brings a diversity of experience and a track record of success across a spectrum of commercial litigation matters. Throughout her 18-year career, Christy has built a reputation as a do-everything attorney, handling complex cases in various areas of the law, including employment, intellectual property, traditional commercial litigation, bad faith, construction defect, and real estate. Christy also counsels clients on their business options and strategies, along with potential liabilities in an effort to protect client interests and prevent future litigation. Should such litigation ensue, however, Christy is devoted to aggressively representing her clients throughout the entire litigation process, including the appellate process.
For Christy, advocating for clients starts with understanding the businesses and people involved, and offering clients practical advice regarding their legal options. Once on a case, she researches the ins and outs and complexities of the matter, ensuring that her clients are fully informed on all aspects of the case, so they do not face any courtroom surprises.
When not working, Christy loves to spend time with her family, including her two dogs and cat, enjoying everything the Idaho outdoors has to offer.
Honors & Awards
Southern California Rising Star: 2013-2015
- Co-counsel in a jury trial representing a plaintiff that was rendered a quadriplegic in a case against the State of California and Honda involving claims of dangerous condition of public property and products liability. Although an unfavorable verdict was reached, the case was reversed and remanded for a retrial after plaintiff’s successful appeal, in which the appellate court found court error and jury misconduct. The case was thereafter favorably settled.
- Drafted successful appellate briefs on behalf of a plaintiff that was rendered a quadriplegic in a construction accident in a case against the State of California involving claims of negligent exercise of retained control. The successful appeal resulted in the reversal of the judgment notwithstanding the verdict entered in favor of the State and the reinstatement of the jury’s verdict in favor of the plaintiff that, with interest and costs, totaled over $8 million.
- Represented two individuals against Costco Wholesale Corporation in a lawsuit alleging that its negligent design and maintenance of its parking lot created a knowingly dangerous condition, including drafting all appellate briefs to the Idaho Supreme Court.
- Represented the family of a child in a lawsuit against large brand-name and generic pharmaceutical companies and health care providers for the negligent marketing and administration of a drug for use in an off-label manner that had known negative side effects.
- Co-counsel in a jury trial defending an insurance company and its executives in a case involving claims of disability discrimination, harassment and retaliation, as well as failure to engage in the interactive process and failure to provide a reasonable accommodation. The trial resulted in a favorable and unanimous defense verdict.
- Co-counsel in a jury trial defending The Boys & Girls Club in a case involving claims of age discrimination and slander. The plaintiff’s age discrimination claim was knocked out on a Motion for Nonsuit, after which the remaining claims were favorably settled.
- Co-counsel in a bad faith jury trial against Farmers Insurance that resulted in a favorable defense verdict.
- Co-counsel in a jury trial defending a store’s owner and manager against the plaintiffs’ claims of negligence and premises liability. Prevailed on all claims made by one of the two plaintiffs, as well as all of the claims made against the owner, while limiting the damages to the prevailing plaintiff to only $25,000 when he demanded over $1 million.
- Defended a large educational institution in a lawsuit alleging violations of Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and the Idaho Human Rights Act.
- Defended a large electric utility company in lawsuits involving various negligence and breach of contract claims and claims involving the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act.
California Western School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2005
Stanford University, BA, Political Science, minor in Psychology, 2000
- Stanford Varsity Soccer, 1996-1999
- California State Bar
- Idaho State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit