Loyal Hulme is a member of the firm's Real Estate section and currently serves on the firm's board of directors. For clients including developers, commercial entities, buyers and sellers, he provides legal counsel on all aspects of real estate, land use planning and development, construction, leasing, zoning, and environmental matters, such as water and wetland issues.
He negotiates complex land acquisitions and development transactions involving several property types, including office, industrial, retail, and apartment construction, representing developers, sellers, buyers, and landlords. He also has bankruptcy experience with a specialization in the renegotiation of troubled financing arrangements.
Mr. Hulme was honored as the CCIM 2014 Real Estate Lawyer of the Year. He is recognized by Chambers USA, Utah's Legal Elite and Mountain States Super Lawyers in real estate. He is an AV Preeminent rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell and is frequently invited to write and lecture on real estate issues.
Member and former Chairman, Utah State Bar YLD CLE Committee
Member, American Inns of Court I
Member of Utah State Bar, Real Estate
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers: Real Estate Law (2020-2024)
Chambers USA: Real Estate (2010, 2015, 2017, 2023)
CCIM 2014 Real Estate Lawyer of the Year
AV Preeminent rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
Super Lawyers national: Real Estate (2013-2015)
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Real Estate (2011-2019, 2021-2022)
Mountain States Super Lawyers: Rising Star (2008)
Utah Legal Elite: Real Estate (2010-2014, 2016, 2021)
- Represents buyers, sellers, owners and developers (particularly commercial entities) in the acquisition, planning and zoning, construction, leasing, development, and entitlement of commercial, office, retail, warehouse, condominium, apartment, recreational, industrial, and residential properties. These developments include numerous types of joint ventures, limited liability and corporate structures.
- Represents commercial and institutional entities, as well as buyers, sellers, owners, developers, and citizen groups in drafting, enforcing, interpreting, and litigating under numerous city and county ordinances (often relating to planning and zoning issues).
- Represents national lending institutions and borrowers with issues related to lending, recovery, foreclosures and workouts and, where necessary, representing and protecting creditors' interests in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represents private and commercial entities in environmental matters, including those relating to the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), most significantly those involving wetlands negotiation and permitting, compliance issues, remediation and cleanup actions.
- Represents clients in eminent domain issues, takings, and related actions.
- Practiced with one of the world's largest New York based international law firm for many years.
- Corporation of the Presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Craig Realty Group
- Culinary Crafts
- Fourels Investment Company
- General Growth Properties, Inc
- Ivory Homes
- Maverik, Inc.
- MicAm, LLC
- Miller Development
- Ninigret Park Technology
- Olson’s Greenhouse Gardens
- OneFourteen Partners, LLC
- Outlets at Traverse Mountain
- Park V Partners, LLC
- Property Reserve, Inc.
- Ron Thorne Construction
- Staker & Parson Companies
- Strategic Capital Partners
- Struck | Axiom, Inc.
- Suburban Land Reserve
- Wright Ventures
News & Events
- 25 Kirton McConkie Attorneys Recognized in 30th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America08.17.2023
- Press Release, 06.11.2018
- Press Release, 06.13.2017
- Press Release, 03.2016
- Press Release, 06.12.2015
- Press Release, 05.06.2015
- Press Release, 10.29.2014
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 02.27.2014
- Press release, 02.24.2014
- Press Release, 06.12.2013
- Press Release, 12.19.2012
- Real Estate
- Commercial Leasing
- Environmental Regulation and Licensing
- Water Rights
- Foreclosures and Restructuring
- Land Use and Zoning
- Project Development and Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
- Environmental, Natural Resources, and Energy
- Business Formation, Structure, and Exit Strategies
- Lending and Finance
- Equipment Leasing
- General Counsel Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities Law
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation
- Business Disputes
- Condominium Associations and HOAs
- Construction, Surety, and Design Professionals
- Environmental Litigation
Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School, JD, cum laude
- Law Review
- National Moot Court Team
- Vice Chair, Board of Advocates
Utah State University, BS, Economics, minor in Political Science, magna cum laude
- Honored as USU's number one business student
- Recipient of Utah State University four-year Academic Club Scholarship (Highest academic scholarship at USU)
- USU Student Body Vice-President
- Utah, 1996
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1996