Daniel S. McConkie is a member of the firm's Insurance section and the Litigation section. He has over 27 years of experience in risk management, insurance defense, personal injury, and products liability. Also, he has an extensive background in criminal prosecution and defense. He possesses extensive trial experience in both federal and state courts representing individual insureds as well as political subdivisions of the state of Utah.
Mr. McConkie is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer for insurance coverage. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Utah State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Super Lawyers national: Insurance Coverage (2013)
Mountain States Super Lawyer: Insurance Coverage (2012, 2014 - 2018)
Utah Legal Elite: Insurance (2015), International (2019, 2020)
- Prosecuted criminal cases in the Salt Lake County Attorney's Office (Drug and Major Offender Divisions) with emphasis on drug abuse, violent crimes, and homicide.
- Designated as a Special Assistant Attorney for the state of Utah in a capital homicide case before the United States Supreme Court.
- Possesses extensive trial experience in both federal and state courts representing individual insureds, as well as political subdivisions of the state of Utah.
News & Events
- Press Release, 06.11.2018
- Founding Partner of Kirton McConkie, Oscar W. McConkie, Jr., Painted by World-Renowned Artist, Leon Parson01.18.2018
- Press Release, 06.13.2017
- Press Release, 03.2016
- Press Release, 06.12.2015
- Press Release, 04.03.2015
- Press Release, 06.11.2014
- Press Release, 06.12.2013
- Presenter at State and National Seminars Involving Insurance Defense and Risk Management
Seattle University School of Law, JD, 1983
University of Utah, MA, English, 1980
University of Utah, BA, English, 1978
- Utah, 1984
- United States Supreme Court, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1989